How to make Spicy Bacon and Baked Egg Bagels.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 bagels
- 2 back bacon sliders
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tomato, seeds removed, diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 small pickled cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 170C with fan.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Prepare the eggy bagel tops.
- Crack the eggs into small ramekins.
- If the eggs are big, take some of the egg white out carefully, so you don’t break the yolk.
- Put the bagel tops and bottoms on a tray and warm them up in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Take the tray out and transfer the eggs into the wholes in the bagel tops.
- Put the tray back in the oven and bake for another 7 minutes, until the egg white is set.
- Prepare the bacon.
- Mix the BBQ sauce with the chilli powder.
- Line another baking tray with greaseproof paper and put the bacon sliders on.
- Spread the sauce evenly over on both sides of the bacon.
- Put the tray in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Make the salsa.
- Mix the tomato dices with the lemon juice, red onion and pickled cucumber.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the olive oil.
- Assemble the bagels.
- Spread the salsa over the bagel bottoms.
- Top with the BBQ bacon and close with the eggy bagel top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]