How to make Spanish Style Prawn and Rice Cakes.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 8
- ½ Onion, very finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled, half finely chopped and half peeled into ribbons
- 1 Red Pepper, seeded and very finely chopped
- 100g Frozen petit pois, defrosted
- 150g Frozen prawns, defrosted and finely chopped
- 400g of Cooked Long Grain Rice
- 100g Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp Plain Flour, for dusting
- 1 Cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ½ Red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 Lemons, 1 zested and juiced
- Cook the long grain rice in salted water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion, chopped carrot and pepper for 8-10 mins, until soft.
- Add the peas and prawns for the last 2-3 mins to heat through.
- Then place in a large bowl, along with the cooked veg and prawn mix, breadcrumbs and eggs.
- Season and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 cakes and dust with the flour.
- Add the remaining oil to the frying pan and cook the cakes for 5-7 mins over a medium-high heat, flipping regularly, until golden all over.
- In a serving bowl, mix the cucumber and carrot ribbons with the red cabbage and most of the lemon zest.
- Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest over the paella cakes.
- Drizzle a little lemon juice on top and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.