How to make Spanish Style Grilled Vegetables.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 zucchinis – sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 eggplants – sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 12 cremini mushrooms – cleaned and halved
- 2 leeks – clean and halved
- 2 onions – halved
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove – minced
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano – chopped
- Heat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Brush some olive oil over each of the vegetables. Then, working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over. Try not to shift the vegetables too much so that they can form some nice grill marks: Red bell peppers: about 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, remove seeds and skin and then slice into strips. Zucchini, eggplant, onion, leeks and mushrooms: 7 minutes.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and oregano in a small bowl to blend. Add salt and pepper (careful not to over do it, since the vegetables will already be salted). Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables. The vegetables can be served warm or at room temperature.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.