How to make a Spanish Style Bubble and Squeak.
The original recipe was made from leftover boiled potatoes and cabbage but I will add the recipe so that you can make it from scratch.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- About a quarter of a cabbage
- sweet paprika
- olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Cut the potatoes into 1cm slices.
- Cut the cabbage into pieces, doesn´t matter how it´s cut.
- Put the potatoes and cabbage into a pot.
- Add water and salt to your own liking.
- Boil until the potatoes are soft.
- When ready, take the water away.
- Mash up slightly the cabbage and potatoes, adding a sprinkle of paprika.
- Heat up a frying pan on medium and add some olive oil.
- When hot, add the cabbage and potatoes and spread evenly.
- Stir every now and them.
- Crack 4 eggs and beat them up.
- When the cabbage and potatoes start to go slightly brown, take the pan off the heat.
- Put the cabbage and potatoes in a deep bowl, add the eggs and mix well.
- In the same pan, put over medium heat and add some olive oil.
- When hot, add the contents from the bowl and spread evenly.
- Leave to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then flip it over with a plate and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Flip it over onto a plate again and it should have a slightly toasted colour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.