How to make a Spanish Sofrito Sauce.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 long green pepper sweet, not hot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- Gather the ingredients. Finely dice the onions, garlic, pepper, and tomatoes.
- Place a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium heat and add the olive oil, turning the pan to coat the bottom evenly.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and sautee them until transparent.
- Add the long green pepper and continue to saute for another 5 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid burning the vegetables, and reduce the heat if necessary.
- Add the garlic and sautee for a minute.
- Next, add the tomatoes and paprika, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir often and continue to cook for around 15 minutes, or until the mixture takes on the consistency of a thick sauce.
- Pour the finished sofrito into mason jars and store in the fridge for up to a week.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.