How to make a Spanish Orange Cake.
This recipe is the easiest cake you can ever make. Using only 3 ingredients…and tastes amazing, you have got to make it.
2 Small Spanish Oranges.
200g/ 7oz self-raising flour.
A 397g Tin of Condensed Milk.
- Finely grate the zest from ½ of 1 orange into a small bowl and place in the fridge for later.
- Boil both oranges in a saucepan of water for 1hr, or until the skin is very soft – keeping the oranges submerged with a glass bowl or lid.
- After 1 Hour drain and cool.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan) mark 5.
- Line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Halve and deseed both oranges.
- Next whizz in a blender until smooth.
- Whisk together ¾ of the puréed orange , self-raising flour and all but 2 tablespoons of the condensed milk (reserve this for the glaze) until fairly smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 45min, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Mix the left over pureed orange with the remaining condensed milk.
- Mix well.
- Then brush over the cake while the cake is warm.
- Sprinkle the zest over the top.
- Cool completely in the tin.
- Then before serving, cut into slices.