How to make a Spanish Mountain Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 2 chorizos
- 300 gr of pork ribs
- 1 small knuckle
- 100 gr of bacon
- 10 leaves of cabbage
- 400 gr of white beans
- 1 black pudding
- 1 rice pudding
- 1 onion
- 1 large potato
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tea spoon of sweet paprika
- Olive oil
- Leave the beans to soak overnight in cold water.
- In a big pot add the beans, the chorizos, bacon, ribs and knuckle.
- Add water covering the whole ingredients.
- Place on high heat.
- Before it starts to boil add a glass of cold water to stop it from boiling.
- Repeat this (stop boiling action) three times.
- After these three breaks, let the stew boil for an hour and thirty minutes, so the meat tenders.
- Start cleaning the cabbage leaf by leaf.
- Remove the stems, only use the leaves.
- Roll them and cut them in small slices.
- Also cut in small cubes the potato.
- Add these two ingredients and the black pudding into the pot and let it boil for 30 minutes more.
- During this time start cooking the fried sauce.
- In a pan add a few spoons of olive oil and leave the chopped onion to poach.
- Once it is golden add the garlic and a small spoon of paprika.
- After the 30 minutes add the black and the rice pudding and the fried sauce.
- Leave it boiling on medium to high heat for 30 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.