How to make Spanish Meatballs in Garlic Tomato Sauce.
These delicious Spanish Meatballs in Garlic Tomato Sauce are just so great tasting you will be asked to make them over and over again! You can also freeze the meatballs before you cook them or freeze after when they are in the tomato sauce. Serve with fries, pasta, on their own, warm bread from the oven, anything you like!
Serves: 4 Persons
½ lb or 250 g Ground Beef
½ lb or 250 g Ground Pork
4 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
1 slice of bread, soaked in milk (white or brown bread)
1 egg, beaten
1 Cup Breadcrumbs (optional)
Salt and pepper to season
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
4 Large Ripe tomatoes, Quartered
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
½ Cup Tomato Paste
½ – 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
2 Dried Cayenne Chilli Peppers
¼ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
1 Tablespoon Honey
Salt and Pepper to season
1. Make the meatballs by adding all the ingredients EXCEPT THE BREADCRUMBS, to a bowl and mixing well so everything is combined. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
2. Roll the meatballs into golf ball size or smaller (to your liking), then roll the balls in the breadcrumbs until they’re evenly coated. You don’t need to use the breadcrumbs, but it just adds a little more texture. If you are on a Gluten Free diet, don’t worry about the breadcrumbs. the meatballs will still taste absolutely delicious!
3. Add some olive oil to a skillet pan, heat and then place the meatballs in the pan and brown on all sides. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan with the meatballs.
4. Once browned, transfer to a plate with kitchen paper and set aside to make the sauce.
5. Make the sauce by adding the minced garlic to the olive oil in a saucepan. Gently cook until the garlic has softened. Add the tomatoes and simmer until soft. Take a blender stick and puree the mixture until smooth then add the remaining ingredients. Taste the sauce and see if you need a little more honey or pepper etc.
6. Transfer the meatballs to the saucepan and simmer gently for 10 minutes then serve with some lovely crusty bread fresh from the oven, pasta, rice or simply serve with some toothpicks if for a party.