How to make a Spanish Garlic Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of old bread
- 100g of Serrano ham
- 1.5 litres of water or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon of hot paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut them into thin slices.
- Add some extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan until the bottom is covered and heat over medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic cloves and fry them until they begin to brown a little, being careful not to burn them.
- Cut the bread slices in two or three pieces and add them to the pan.
- Fry them together with the garlic until they soak up all the flavours.
- Cut half of the Serrano ham into strips or cubes and sauté with the rest of the ingredients for a couple of minutes approximately.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the two types of paprika and mix well.
- Add the water or the broth, salt to taste and put it back on the heat, at medium-low level, for 20 minutes.
- Then, turn off the heat, crack the four eggs directly into the pot and cover it so that they cook with the residual heat.
- Once the soup is served, garnish with some of the Serrano ham that you had set aside.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]