How to make a Spanish Chorizo And Fish Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 4.
- 500g Baby Potatoes, cut in halves.
- 4 Cod Fillets.
- 1 Onion, finely sliced.
- 100g/ 3.5oz Chorizo, diced.
- 100g/ 3.5oz Olives without stones, drained.
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, halved.
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube.
- 500g/ 17oz of Jar of Tomato Frito, or Italian Tomato Passata.
- Olive Oil.
- Tablespoon of Fresh Parsley, chopped.
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges.
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika.
- Salt and Pepper.
Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390F/Gas 6
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and cook the onion for 5 mins, until soft.
- Add the chorizo cook for another 2 mins.
- Then add the tomato frito (passata) to the frying pan.
- Swill the jar with 150ml/ 5floz of water and add the vegetable stock cube.
- Then add the stock to the pan.
- Next add the paprikas and stir.
- Sprinkle the olives into the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully place the cod fillets into the pan.
- Distribute the tomato halves over the top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, pour some olive oil in a large frying pan, enough to cover the base, and sauté the potatoes for 15 mins, until golden.
- Now take the fish out of the oven, and sprinkle fresh parsley on top.
- Serve with the lemon wedges and potatoes.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.