How to make a Spanish Bean Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 cans of white beans
- a handful of rice
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 Bay leaf
- Olive oil
- Chop the peppers and onion and poach them in a pan with a splash of olive oil.
- It is not necessary to make the pieces very small, since later we will crush the sauce.
- When the vegetables are poached, add a tablespoon of flour.
- Cook whilst stirring.
- Add a tablespoon of paprika being careful not to burn it.
- Continue stirring.
- Add a crushed garlic and a glass of water.
- Let everything cook for five minutes, then grind and reserve.
- Open the two cans of beans and rinse them well in water.
- Take a pot, put a little water and when it is boiling add a handful of rice.
- When ten minutes have passed and the rice begins to have consistency, add the beans to the stew.
- Also add salt and pepper to your own liking.
- Immediately after adding the beans to the pot, add the sofrito, previously mashed.
- It will give you that stew flavour without having to throw in any high-fat foods.
- Add the bay leaf.
- Stir and let everything cook together for approximately 15 minutes, so that the elements are well integrated.
- When you see the reddish colour and the rice has finished cooking, remove from the heat.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve and enjoy with some fresh crusty bread!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]