How to make a Spanish Anchovy Salad.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 9 chopped anchovy fillets
- 16 Caper berries
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin oil
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 5 minced clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 3 pounds of red tomatoes (cut them into wedges)
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 cup whole wheat fresh bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ a teaspoon of sugar
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1/3 cup of olive oil in medium heat then add paprika and garlic and cook for about 20 seconds.
- Gently stir until the garlic is sizzling and fragrant (makes sure they do not brown).
- After cooking, transfer to a large bowl and let it cool down.
- In a pan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat then add the breadcrumbs and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Gently stir until they are crispy and golden brown then transfer to a plate.
- Whisk the pepper, salt and vinegar into the garlic-paprika oil then add the parsley, tomatoes, caper berries, chopped anchovies and stir gently until combined.
- Transfer the tomato salad onto a platter then top with the breadcrumbs.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]