How to make Spaghetti With Pink Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 10 juicy tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ají panca paste
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup Pisco
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and saute the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- When they’re starting to brown, add the ají panca paste and keep stirring for an extra minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, and increase the heat to high.
- Let them cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- The sauce should be very watery at that point.
- Add the Pisco, and keep stirring every now and then.
- The sauce will be ready when it’s thick but not dry.
- At this point you can remove the bay leaves, season with salt and pepper and add the heavy cream.
- Mix well, and check if it needs some extra salt, as the cream neutralizes it a bit.
- Turn off the heat.
- In the meantime, boil water in a pan.
- Add salt and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- When it´s ready drain the pasta and mix with the sauce, and serve with some grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.