How to make Spaghetti Bolognese.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb ground beef, extra lean
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped, for garnish
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Keep the pasta water in case needed for the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 3 minutes, breaking it as you go, until no longer pink.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the oregano, red pepper flakes, tomato paste and stir.
- Stir in the red wine and cook for about 5 minutes until most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a medium-low.
- Cover the pot and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and adjust for seasoning if needed.
- If your sauce is too thick add some of the pasta water to thin it out.
- Add the spaghetti to the pot and toss well with the sauce.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]