How to make a South African Chakalaka.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 300 g onions, chopped or sliced
- 500 g tomatoes, chopped
- 500 g white navy beans, drained
- 4 carrots, coarsely grated
- 3 sweet peppers, chopped or sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion and ginger, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chilli pepper, curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sweet peppers and stir.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the beans and cilantro.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]