How to make a Smokey Chorizo Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 175g chorizo, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Chicken Stock dissolved in 200ml boiling water
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, optional
- 400g can chickpeas
- Mixed green salad to serve, optional
- Fry the chorizo in a large non-stick pan for 5 minutes until crispy.
- Add the pepper and potatoes and fry for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add can tomatoes, stock and paprika if used and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 4-5 minutes
- Serve with a side of mixed green salad.