Recipe submitted by: Pepe Obaya
• 12 large jalapeño peppers
• 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• ¼ cup chopped green onion
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
• ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon cumin
• ¼ teaspoon chili powder
• ⅓ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
• ⅓ cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
• ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
• ⅓ cup finally chopped and fried bacon
1. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Because cleaning baked on cheese sucks!
2. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Use a small spoon (a serrated grapefruit spoon works great) to scoop out the seeds and membranes from each pepper and discard those pieces. Don’t rub your eyes!
3. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir and kneed to combine really well.
4. Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture and place on baking sheet (you might have a small amount left over if so add some mayo & sour cream and make a dip).
5. Smoke peppers for 15 minutes at 160 degrees Fahrenheit and remove. (If you don’t have a smoker skip this step)
6. Preheat pellet smoker or oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 13 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and starting to turn golden.
7. Transfer the jalapeño peppers to a large serving dish and enjoy!
Let Pepe Obaya know what you think and how yours turned out by visiting his Instagram!