How to make Smoked Cod Fritters.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 500 g Smoked cod fillet
- 2 potatoes large, floury, peeled and diced
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 Lemon, zested
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 Egg
- Lemon wedges
- Put the grated onion in a pan with just enough milk to cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the fish and poach gently for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cool.
- Strain the milk into another pan.
- Add the potato, cook until tender, then drain really well.
- Tip the fish and onion into a bowl.
- Flake the fish and discard any skin and bones.
- Mash the fish with the potatoes, lemon zest, dill, flour, egg and season well.
- Scoop the mix out in tablespoons and put on a tray.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or until you want to cook them.
- Heat 1cm of oil in a frying pan.
- Cook the fritters in batches until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Keep warm in a low heated oven while the others cook.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]