How to make Slow Cooker Stuffed Mushrooms.
ghee or vegetable spray
vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and excess moisture squeezed out
1/4 cup jarred artichokes, drained
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, preferably panko
1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic salt
fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Spray a small slow-cooker with ghee or vegetable spray. Splash with Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove stems of mushrooms and put in food processor. Place mushroom heads, gills side up, in base of slow cooker.
- In a food processor, along with the mushroom stems, combine all remaining ingredients except for parsley. Chop until a thick paste is formed.
- Using a melon ball scooper with a spring handle, fill each mushroom cap with 1-2 tablespoons of filling.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours, until mushrooms have wilted slightly and filling is heated throughout.
- Use tongs to transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with parsley and flake salt.