How to make a Slow Cooker Pot Roast.
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 2″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- minced parsley, optional, to garnish
- Season the chuck roast with the salt, pepper and thyme.
- Heat your pan or if you can brown in your slow cooker, do it in that insert to medium high.
- Add the canola oil and when it ripples and is hot, add in the roast and brown deeply, for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- In your slow cooker add the carrots, potatoes and garlic.
- Lay the beef on top, then add the beef broth and cover, cooking on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- In the last hour mix your cornstarch and water and add it to the slow cooker to thicken the sauce or you can take the food out when done cooking, and add the leftover liquid to a small saucepan with the cornstarch/water mixture and cook on high for just 2-3 minutes until the liquid is thickened into a gravy.
- Pour the gravy over the meat and garnish with parsley if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]