How to make a Silky Beans Purée.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 lb dried butter beans
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- The previous night, soak the butter beans in water, or at least for 5-6 hours.
- Drain and peel, discarding the peels.
- Cook the beans in a pot of water with the thyme sprig until tender or mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat the vegetable oil and cook onion and garlic until very tender.
- Add tomato and continue cooking over medium high heat.
- Add to the pot with the butter beans, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until very creamy.
- If you want a silky texture, use an immersion blender or pass everything through a food mill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with meat, poultry, vegetables or rice.