How to make Sichuan Chicken.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 1 thinly sliced chicken breast
- 2 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 4 thinly sliced celery stalks
- 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 4 cm piece of sliced ginger
- 2 sliced spring onions
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 15 dried chillies
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 300ml chicken stock
- Mix the rice wine, cornflour, and some salt in a bowl, and add the chicken.
- Coat well, and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok and fry the peppercorns, chillies, and celery for 3 minutes, then remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Add a little more oil to the wok and fry the garlic, spring onions, ginger, and chilli paste.
- Stir in the chilli powder, fry for 2 minutes, then add the stock.
- Simmer for a minute, then add the chicken slices and gently poach for 10 minutes.
- Ladle the broth into bowls and top with the fried chilli mix and some parsley.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.