How to make a Shrimp and Vegetables Pasta.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 8 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1 pound fresh or frozen raw shrimp peeled, tails removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 24 ounces mixed vegetables of your choice, fresh or frozen.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional as desired
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus additional as desired
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water, drain remaining water, and then toss with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, rinse the shrimp and pat dry.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallot and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 additional minute.
- Add the shrimp, and then sprinkle with half the amount of red pepper (1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon depending upon your desired spice level), 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Sauté, stirring to coat with garlic, just until cooked through (both sides will be pink and opaque), about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high.
- Add the vegetables and the remaining 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cook until the vegetables are hot and lightly sautéed, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and return the shrimp to the skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes, allowing the wine to reduce.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice and remove from heat.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss.
- If the pasta is too dry, add a bit of the reserved pasta water.
- Serve topped with Parmesan and parsley.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]