How to make a Shrimp and Sausage Pasta.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 1/2 coil kolbassa (or similar) sausage (200g)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 250g (10oz) fettuccine or other dry pasta
- 1 can (398ml) fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken (or veggie) stock, plus more as needed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add the olive oil into a deep skillet over medium-high heat and allow it to heat up for a few minutes, before adding the diced onion and sundried tomatoes.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the sliced sausage and garlic and cook for a few more minutes or until the sausage begins to crisp up on one side, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste, stock, fire-roasted tomatoes, paprika and Italian seasoning and give everything a good stir.
- Place the noodles into the dish and make sure they’re as submerged as possible into the liquid.
- Bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and place a lid on the pan, cooking for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Stir the pasta every few minutes to ensure the ingredients don’t get stuck to the bottom, and add a bit more cooking liquid if things are looking too dry.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, remove the lid and add in the shrimp, stirring to combine.
- Cook until the shrimp has turned pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and give it all a stir again, cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove the pan from heat and serve.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]