How to make Shrimp Linguine.
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 1 pound linguine (cooked)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot (diced)
- 4 large cloves garlic (finely minced or pressed)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (add more if you like more heat)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pound large shrimp (26 – 31 count, peeled and deveined)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (finely grated or shaved)
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh Italian parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onions ( just the green parts)
- Boil water and cook pasta as instructed on the box. Drain and set aside when cooked.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Saute the shallot and garlic until soft and aromatic.
- Add the chili powder and wine, cook for 5 additional minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 4 – 5 minutes until until the shrimp turn pink in color. Do not overcook the shrimp or they will dry out and become chewy.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta to the skillet. Mix with the butter/wine sauce and add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and add the lime juice and toasted pine nuts. Mix well with tongs.
- Serve shrimp and linguine garnished with grated Parmesan, green onions, and Italian parsley.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.