How to make Shrimp Creole.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, chopped fine
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds large shrimp (about 32), shelled and deveined
- Accompaniment: 1 cup uncooked rice, prepared according to package instructions but without butter or margarine
- In a large heavy kettle cook garlic, onions, celery, and bell peppers in oil over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add all remaining ingredients except shrimp and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in shrimp and cook, covered, over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp and sauce over coked rice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.