How to make a Shrimp and Chorizo Paella.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 cups bomba rice or Arborio Paella rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads 2 pinches
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes or 2 chili de arbol
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces Spanish chorizo the kind that is dried and cured
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a large paella pan (or large saute pan) over medium heat. Add the olive oil. When oil is hot, add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, until onion is softened and turning golden. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste and continue to cook until it is completely mixed in and the onions are rust colored, 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, paprika, chili flakes, turmeric and saffron, stir to incorporate.
- Add the rice and stir fry until the rice is completely coated with the oil and spices.
- Stir in the stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the sliced chorizo and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Arrange the shrimp on top. You may need to press the shrimp into the rice with a spoon so that they are almost covered with the remaining liquid. Cook for 5-10 more minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.