How to make Shrimp Carbonara.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 12 ounces bucatini, spaghetti or linguini
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup half and half, or more, as needed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain excess fat; reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season shrimp with basil, oregano, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese, half and half and peas until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more half and half as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in pasta and bacon.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]