How to make a Shepherd’s Pie.
This is a delicious Shepherd’s Pie with Chilli and Mixed Herbs.
- 450 gram (1 pound) minced lamb or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 100 gram (4 ounce) carrots, finely diced
- 2 teaspoon Hot Chilli Powder
- 25 gram (1 ounce) plain flour
- 1 tablespoons tomato purée
- 150 millilitre (¼ pint) beef stock
- 675 gram (1½ pound) potatoes, cubed
- 25 gram (1 ounce) butter
- 50 gram (2 ounce) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoon Mixed Herbs
- In a large saucepan fry the mince, onion, carrots and Hot Chili Powder for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Add the flour and tomato purée and cook for a further minute.
- Blend in the stock. Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes until tender.
- Drain. Mash with the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon over the mince.
- Place under a pre-heated grill until golden.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.