How to make Shakshuka.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 75 grams chorizo, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seed
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Chilli Pepper
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 400 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 150 millilitres water
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Granules
- 4 eggs
- Flat Leaf Parsley, to garnish
- Sea Salt, to season
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper, to season
- Heat oil in pan, add onion and chorizo and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the Fennel, Cumin, Paprika and Cayenne Pepper, along with the diced pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, water and Garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste then bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the pan, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are just set.
- Garnish with Parsley and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.