How to make a Seafood Soft Tofu Stew.
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 SERVINGS:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced yellow or white onion
- 1 packed cup aged kimchi (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoons Korean red pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons Korean red pepper flakes (Gochugaru)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar or mirin
- 1 package soft tofu (cut into cubes)
- Handful large prawns and/or clams (4-6 each)
- 1 small bunch mushroom of your choice (slice large mushrooms)
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion (thinly slice)
- On the bottom of medium-sized pot, perferably stone earthenware, clay, or cast-iron, heat up the vegetable oil on medium-high.
- Add garlic and onions. Saute until fragrant.
- Add kimchi. Saute until limp.
- Add chicken stock and bring the pot to a boil. Season with red pepper paste, flakes, soy sauce and sugar/mirin. Adjust level of spiciness as needed.
- Add tofu, prawns, clams, mushrooms and crack 2 eggs on top. Bring pot back to boil. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.