How to make a Seafood Risotto.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 400g mussels, cleaned
- 400g clams
- 400g cockles
- 150g squid, sliced into rings
- 100g monkfish or gurnard fillet, cut into small pieces
- 2 langoustines, split in half
- 8 shell-on prawns
- 50g peeled prawns
- ½ a bottle of dry white wine
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small dried hot chilli
- A good pinch of saffron
- 300g carnaroli rice
- A good handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 20g unsalted butter
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Put the mussels, clams and cockles in a pan with ¾ of the wine and steam the shellfish open for 3-4 minutes.
- Discard any that remain closed.
- Strain, reserving the stock for the risotto.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook the onion, garlic, safrron and crumbled chilli gently until softened.
- Add the rice and continue to fry until it is translucent.
- Pour in the remaining wine and allow it to evaporate and be absorbed by the rice.
- Add the squid and the monkfish or gurnard.
- Add a ladleful of the reserved stock a little at a time, and let it be absorbed by the rice.
- Continue to add stock and stir the rice.
- After 10 minutes add the langoustines and the shell-on prawns and continue to cook, adding a little more stock for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, clams and cockles, and the peeled prawns and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the parsley and remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the butter and leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]