How to make a Seafood Medley in Tomato and Butter Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 lbs fresh mussels
- 3/4 lb large shrimp
- 3/4 lb squid
- 3/4 lb dry-packed sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse the mussels under cold water and trim any beards with kitchen shears.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- Rinse the squid and remove the “cartilage” from the interior of the tubes.
- Separate the tentacles and slice the tubes into rings about 3/8-inch thick.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until soft, about 2 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper, stir to combine, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring about 2 inches of water to a boil in a large pot with a steamer insert.
- Add the mussels, cover, and cook until they have all opened.
- Remove from the heat, keep covered, and set aside.
- Increase the heat on the tomato sauce to medium-high, wait until it begins to simmer, then add the shrimp.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp begin turning opaque around the edges.
- Add the squid and continue cooking for 1 minute more.
- Add the scallops and butter, and continue to cook until the butter has melted and the seafood has cooked through.
- Total cooking time should be no more than 5 to 6 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately with white rice or on it´s own.
- Don´t forget some fresh crusty bread for mopping up the delicious juice!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.