How to make a Seafood Jalea.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 10 ounces fish filettes
- 10 ounces squid cut in rings
- 10 ounces shrimp, cleaned
- 2 green plantains, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup red or orange bell pepper, cut in thin slices
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or rice flour
- 3 cups vegetable oil, divided
- 6 limes, divided
- Ají amarillo sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
- Cut the fish in 1.5 x 1.5 inch squares.
- Season fish and seafood with salt and pepper, and dredge in the flour.
- Put in a colander and shake the excess flour.
- Heat 2 cups vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When hot, add the seafood in batches and cook until golden.
- Transfer to a plate covered with paper towels.
- In another saucepan heat 1 cup vegetable oil until very hot and bubbly, and fry the plantain slices until they turn a lightly golden colour.
- In a bowl combine garlic, onion, cilantro, bell pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Add the juice of 2 limes.
- Combine seafood with fried plantains in a dish, and serve accompanied with the onion sauce, mayonnaise or ají amarillo sauce and lime slices.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.