How to make Seafood Fra Diavolo.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 10 ounces uncooked bucatini
- 12 littleneck clams
- 6 ounces lump cooked crab meat
- 6 ounces sea scallops
- 6 ounces peeled and deveined extra large shrimp
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled plum tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers from the jar, minced, plus 1 tablespoon brine from jar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, plus more to garnish
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced basil, plus more to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large, high-walled pan over medium high heat.
- Season the scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add the scallops and shrimp to the pan, in batches if necessary, and cook until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the scallops and shrimp from the pan to a large bowl.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir in the shallots, garlic, crushed red pepper, and oregano.
- Cook on medium-high until fragrant and softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the hand-crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the clams to the pan and cover.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the clams fully open.
- If any of the clams don’t open, discard them.
- Stir in the crab meat, pepperoncini peppers and brine, and the cooked shrimp and scallop mixture.
- Stir in parsley and basil.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Toss the bucatini in the Fra Diavolo sauce.
- Garnish with additional parsley and basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]