How to make Sauteed Peppers and Onions.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 Yellow Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large Bell Peppers, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled & finely diced
- 1 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions.
- Sauté, stirring frequently, until softened and slightly golden in colour, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the peppers, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are softened and slightly browned, about 12-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and add the balsamic.
- Stir again to combine.
- Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Stir in the fresh torn basil leaves.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning as desired.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and cheese if desired.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.