How to make Sausages with Rice and Chickpeas.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 12 fresh pork sausages, cut into halves
- 350g white long grain rice
- 1 jar of already cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 packet of fried tomato sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A splash of Martini Bianco
- Olive oil
- 1 TBS Sweet or Hot Paprika
- Black pepper (optional)
- Start by covering the base of a pot with olive oil.
- Add the sausages, onion and garlic.
- Fry on medium to high heat until golden brown.
- Add the paprika and salt to taste.
- Add a good splash of Martini Bianco, stir it all together and reduce, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fried tomato sauce.
- Add some water to the carton of tomato sauce and shake well, then add it to the pot.
- Stir well and let it cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Meanwhile cook the rice and about 5 minutes before the rice is cooked, add the chickpeas.
- Stir and keep cooking for 5 minutes.
- When ready, drain the water and rinse the rice and chickpeas under hot water from the kitchen tap.
- Put the rice and chickpeas on some plates with the sausages and sauce over it.
- Grind some black pepper over everything if you want.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.