How to make Sausage Stuffed Zucchini.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Small handful of freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Use a metal spoon to scoop out the flesh of the zucchini, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Set aside about a cup of the scooped out zucchini flesh.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a heavy skillet to medium-high.
- Add sausage and cook until sausage is browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Discard remaining grease from the pan.
- In the same pan, add remaining olive oil.
- Add onion and zucchini and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the onion becomes fragrant and begins to brown on the edges.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Once vegetable mixture has cooled, add to a large mixing bowl along with sausage, oregano, parsley and cheese.
- Use a large metal spoon to scoop the filling into each zucchini half until all ingredients are used up.
- Place stuffed zucchini, skin side down, in a nonstick baking dish.
- Place dish in oven and carefully add about 1/4 inch water to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until the zucchini is fork tender.
- Leave to cool down for a few minutes before serving.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]