How to make a Sara Udon Omelette.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 6 large eggs
- 2 red peppers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon shichimi spice mix
- 150 grams sara udon crispy noodles
- 70 grams nama (cured) ham, thinly sliced
- 25 grams butter (or olive oil)
- Red onion thinly sliced and tōgarashi chilli pepper, to garnish
- Core and slice red peppers and place in a lidded container.
- Microwave in a microwave-safe container at 800 watts for three minutes.
- Slice the ham intro strips.
- Make sure they’re not clumped together from the cutting process.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, add salt and shichimi, and lightly whisk to incorporate.
- Gently press the crispy noodles, peppers and ham into your wet egg mix.
- It’s fine if the noodles break, but be gentle, as they enjoy jumping out of the bowl.
- Once evenly mixed, wait two minutes for the noodles to soak up some of the egg.
- Melt your butter in a 25-centimeter nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, flatten and cover with a lid and reduce to low heat.
- Flip the omelette after seven minutes, or when it’s set and lightly brown.
- To make this foolproof, flip it onto a plate and then slide the omelette back into the pan for a further three minutes.
- Turn onto a serving plate, segment and serve.