How to make Sangria.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 bottle of good quality young Rioja
- 100ml orange liqueur
- 100ml Spanish brandy
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 fresh peaches, peeled and cut into small quarters
- 1 orange, cut into small pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into small pieces
- 1 lime, cut into small pieces
- 500ml fresh orange juice
- 500ml lemonade
- Plenty of ice
- Start by marinating the peaches and red wine the day before with the sugar, cinnamon stick and vanilla pod. Scrape the seeds of the vanilla pod with the help of a knife and mix well.
- The next day, add the orange liqueur and brandy to the red wine mix and stir well. Add the orange, lemon and lime pieces, squeezing the juice out. Finally add the fresh orange juice, lemonade and ice and stir well.
- Serve the sangria in a large pitcher or jug with wine or cocktail glasses.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.