How to make Salmon with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 1/2 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tsp finely peeled and minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Chopped green onion or cilantro
- White sesame seeds
- Remove salmon from the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sweet and sour sauce.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and soy sauce, add in pineapple juice, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ketchup and red pepper flakes.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp of the oil in small saucepan over medium heat, add ginger and garlic and saute until lightly golden brown, about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Whisk pineapple juice mixture once more then pour into saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly, then allow to boil, stirring constantly until thickened, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Dab both sides of salmon dry with paper towels, season both sides with salt (use about a heaping 1/2 tsp total).
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is shimmering add salmon and cook about 4 minutes on the first side until golden brown on bottom then flip and cook salmon on opposite side until salmon has cooked through, about 2 – 3 minutes longer.
- Plate salmon, spoon sweet and sour sauce over salmon, sprinkle with green onions or cilantro, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]