How to make Rum Chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 8 chicken thighs with skin and bones, cleaned
- 5 teaspoons Cajun spices, divided
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- 2/3 cup rum, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine 3 teaspoons of Cajun spices, chipotle chilli powder and 3 tablespoons of rum until you get a soft paste.
- Cover the chicken thighs on both sides with the mix.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a big pan and brown the thighs, three minutes per side.
- While the thighs brown, melt the rest of the butter with the sugar and two teaspoons of Cajun spices in a pan.
- Pour the rest of the rum and stir constantly until you get a runny sauce.
- Place the golden brown thighs in a baking dish.
- Take half a cup of the sauce, set it aside and pour the rest over the chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While this bakes, pour the half a cup of sauce into the pan where the meat was browned.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until the sauce dissolves everything in the pan.
- Continue stirring until you get a thick sauce.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- After 30 minutes of baking, take the chicken out, pour the sauce on it, cover it again and bake for another 10 more minutes.
- Then, uncover it and bake for 5 minutes or until the chicken’s internal temperature, taken with a kitchen thermometer, reaches 180°F and the sauce has caramelized.
- Serve with white rice and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.