How to make Rum Braised Carrots.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 250 g carrots
- 35 ml rum
- 70 ml vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel the carrots and cut them into rounds.
- Boil or steam the carrots for four minutes.
- Let them drain well.
- This way they are pre-cooked before the rum treatment starts.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter and add the carrots.
- Make sure that all carrots slices are well coated with butter.
- Add the rum and let the carrots simmer briefly.
- Turn them around so all sides can soak up the rum.
- Add the vegetable broth and let it boil off completely.
- Taste to make sure the carrots are “al dente”.
- Finally add the remaining butter and coat the carrot slices on all sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.