How to make Romesco Sauce.
Ingredients: Makes 1.4 kilos:
- 115 grs of dry ñoras meat (this is the meat inside the dry pepper that has been hydrated and softened)
- 50 ml of jerez vinegar
- 100 grs. of daily bread in slices
- 115 toasted and peeled hazelnuts
- 333 grs. of garlic
- 830 grs. of ripe tomato
- 400 ml of Olive oil (0,4º)
- salt to suit your taste and ground black pepper
- Clean and wash the tomatoes, dry them and draw a cross in their bottoms with a knife.
- Place in the oven tray.
- Wrap the garlic heads inside kitchen foil and place in the tray too.
- Roast for 45 to 60 minutes in the oven at 200ºC.
- After the veggies are roasted, peel the tomatoes and place the meat inside a big bowl.
- Press the garlic cloves and pour their meat inside the bowl too.
- Get the ñoras meat inside the bowl too.
- First you have to rehydrate them with hot water for 1/2 hour.
- Cut and get the meat from inside with a teaspoon.
- Fry the hazelnuts in a sauce pan with a bit of olive oil and when they start smelling, place inside the bowl.
- In that same sauce pan fry the bread and place inside the bowl.
- Pour the vinegar inside too and blend all ingredients together.
- The sauce should not be extra blended, you should be able to find little pieces of the hazelnuts inside.
- Pour the olive oil in the bowl, little by little and using a rubber spatula to mix it all.
- Sprinkle with salt and black ground pepper.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.