How to make a Romanian Pork Stew.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 8
- 2 kg diced pork steak
- 40 g pork fat
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Heat the fat in a lidded frying pan, then add the onion and soften for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika, add the meat, and pour in a splash or two of water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add enough boiled water to cover the meat, bring to the boil and add the capsicum, tomatoes, and tomato puree.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
- When ready, thicken the sauce by adding a paste of the cornflour and 2 tbsp of cold water.
- Stir into the stew, and bring up to the boil to thicken.
- Check the seasoning, then serve with mashed potato and pickles.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]