How to make Roasted Sausages, Peppers and Onions.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6-8
- 6-8 Italian fennel sausages, sweet or hot (about 2 pounds)
- 4 Medium bell peppers, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 Medium red onions, sliced into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2+ cup White wine
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Fresh Oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup Parsley Finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Prick each sausage in several places with a toothpick or the tip of paring knife to prevent bursting.
- Place sausages in one layer on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven.
- Roast sausages for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let them rest while you prepare the peppers and onions.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add sliced peppers and onions.
- Season generously with salt, pepper and dried Italian seasonings.
- Cook, stirring frequently until mixture softens and begins to brown, for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pepper and onion mixture to a platter.
- In the pan, stir in the white wine add garlic and cook for a minute or two.
- Cut each sausage in half or in thirds.
- Transfer sausages to the pan along with the pepper and onion mixture.
- Turn off the heat.
- Top with oregano and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.