How to make a Roasted Potato and Chorizo Salad.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 3-4
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Oven Bag
- 1/2 cup chopped basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place Oven Bag in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Shake flour and paprika in bag.
- Add potatoes, bell pepper and garlic to bag.
- Gently squeeze oven bag to blend ingredients and arrange in an even layer.
- Roll down open end of oven bag two or three times so that it stays open and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion and sausage, stirring until mixture starts to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon evenly over ingredients in oven bag.
- Carefully pour chicken stock over ingredients in oven bag.
- Unroll open end of oven bag.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie, cut six 1/2-inch slits in top of bag.
- Tuck ends of oven bag in pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Carefully cut the oven bag open.
- Spoon the salad into a serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped basil (optional).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.