How to make Roasted Honey Figs & Cinnamon.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 8 fresh figs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup runny honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachio nuts
- mascarpone/creme fraiche/greek yogurt to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
- Cut a cross in the top of each fig, ensuring that you don’t go more than half way down the fig.
- Use your fingers to push the fig open like a flower.
- Place the the figs in a baking dish and add around a teaspoon of butter to each fig.
- Drizzle over the honey ensuring some falls over and into each fig.
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon.
- Grate a little lemon zest over each fig.
- Sprinkle the pistachios around the figs.
- Roast for 7-10 minutes until the figs have softened and the butter has melted into the honey.
- Serve warm with your chosen creamy element.