How to make a Roast Beef Curry.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (red or white), diced finely
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- ½ – 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin ground
- 2 teaspoons coriander ground
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 small sweet potato (roughly 250g / 9oz), chopped into 1cm / ½ inch cubes
- 1 red pepper chopped into 1cm / ½ inch chunks
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 600 g leftover beef chopped into bitesize pieces
- Juice of half a lime plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander/cilantro plus extra for garnish
- Rice and / or naans to serve
- Place the onions and olive oil in a wide, deep saucepan or frying pan and cook gently over a low heat for 5 minutes or until soft, but not brown. Stir occasionally.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli flakes and all the spices and cook for 1 minute – add a splash of water if it gets too dry.
- Add the tomato puree and stir to combine, then add the sweet potato, red pepper, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add the beef and cook for a further 3-5 minutes until the beef is piping hot all the way through.
- Add the juice of half a lime and the coriander leaves and stir.
- Serve with rice and/or naans and use the extra limes and coriander as garnish.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.