How to make Rabbit in White Wine and Garlic Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 Kg Rabbit, chopped in pieces
- 14 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Green or Yellow Pepper
- Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 6 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 100 ml Lemon Juice
- Tightly pack the rabbit portions into a bowl, pour a mixture of red wine vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice over the top until covered.
- Leave the rabbit 12-24 hours in the fridge.
- Drain the rabbit and discard the liquid.
- Cut the garlic into slivers length-ways and the pepper into chunks.
- Fry the rabbit portions in batches on a high heat with some of the oil until browned all over.
- Remove the rabbit, then fry the garlic and pepper in the same oil until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the white wine and bring to a simmer.
- Put the pan contents into a large casserole, add the oil, salt, pepper, herbs and white wine.
- Stir, then add the rabbit portions.
- Cover with the lid and cook on a medium heat (Gas mark 5, 190 C, 375 F) for 1 hour, after it begins to boil in the oven, add the lemon juice 10 minutes before the end.
- Serve with rice or boiled potatoes and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.